oday, we learned about the two types of characterization: direct and indirect characterization. We then applied what we learned by analyzing characters from James Baldwin’s “The Rockpile” using the STEAL method: Speech, Thoughts, Effect on Others, Actions, and Looks. Now, apply characterization to yourself. If someone were using the STEAL method to characterize you, how would they describe you? Select all parts of STEAL and explain what they reveal about your personality. Use specific examples. For example, what do your actions reveal about you? What does the way you speak reveal? How do you affect others? What might your thoughts or appearance communicate about who you are? Write one full paragraph.
If someone used the STEAL method to describe me, they would probably say I am hardworking, friendly, and easy to get along with. My speech shows that I like to joke around and make people laugh, but I also know when to be serious. My thoughts show that I care about doing well in school and reaching my goals. My actions show that I am willing to work hard, especially when I am playing sports or working on something important to me. My effect on others is that I try to make people feel comfortable and included. My looks show that I like to dress casually and comfortably, usually wearing a graphic T-shirt, shorts, and sneakers. Overall, these things show that I am a hardworking person who likes having fun and being around others. Today in class we read more of the rock pile, answered questions, and did an assignment. I learned all about the rock pile and the full story/plot and how to analyze all the characters and their actions.
Comments
Post a Comment